Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Only Thing that Stays the Same...

....is change. There have been a lot of changes going on around here:
  • graduation
  • the never-ending job hunt
  • current job status (student to temporary)
  • current job location
  • amount of free time
Church today just topped it all off. Our ward boundaries changed. It really isn't too bad, except the few couples we do hang out with and double with are now outside of our boundaries! It wasn't going to be too bad since they were mostly leaving at the end of the summer, but that at least gives you some time to plan. Now I'm glad we spent some time with them this past week. The other change was in our bishopric. The bishop is still the same, but the counselors have changed. That wasn't too much of a shock to the system, but, add it to the ward splitting, and it can get pretty emotional. After the announcement of the ward splitting, church was pretty somber. Everyone wanted to know who was staying and who was leaving. I know friendships aren't determined by ward boundaries, but they sure do help! Overall, we lost about 15-20 couples, depending on which list you look at, but are gaining 12 more.

After Tim and I got married we were too busy with our own lives to worry about socializing, which is quite common. Now that we get a second chance of sorts, I am really excited to meet the new couples and make new friends. Change is hard for me to handle, especially when I'm not the one in control and it sneaks up on me, but I am looking forward to the new adventures!

After all, adventures create lasting memories!

No comments: