Some of my students have problems sitting in their assigned seasts. So on Friday, I called a few students out into the hallway to talk about their behavior--both good and bad. When I first told the class that I would be calling a few students into the hall, a few of them got nervous.
When I called one boy out in the hall, he was scared to come. He said that the last time he was in the hallway with a teacher, the teacher screamed and yelled at him and the whole class heard, so he wanted me to talk to him in front of the whole class. I said too bad, I'm talking to you in the hallway. He s-l-o-w-l-y got out of his chair and came while telling me (and the whole class) that he was nervous and scared...of me!!!! I laughed. I never thought that my students would actually be scared of me! I feel so accomplished!
All in all, no one was in big trouble, I just wanted to scare them into submission. We'll see if it worked!
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hehehe, good luck with that!!! Why does it not surprise me that some of your students have been "in the hall" with other teachers besides you...
Post a Comment