Sunday, October 10, 2010

My Grandmother's Funeral and Family Gathering

As sad as we were to see my grandmother pass away, I loved having my family here for the funeral. We had a blast together! All three of my brothers that were here stayed at my house for one night. We drove to my house in the Accent, which is a compact car, but felt like a clown car with all three of them in there. All three boys had to sleep on different beds, so we had one air mattress in our spare bedroom for Brad, one on the floor in our living room for Paul, and Adam slept on the couch. I don't think I've felt so short or crowded in our apartment before (and we've hosted 9 people for Thanksgiving!). To help you visualize what I mean, check out the family pictures. I am 5'7"-ish and the shortest of my siblings.


Brad, Tammy, Laura, me, Paul, (insert Kyle who is on a mission) and Adam

The funeral itself was very well-done. My uncle Tim gave the eulogy and it was great to hear so many happy and funny stories about my grandma.


My grandmother in her pink casket.

The pallbearers bringing in the casket. There were so many grandchildren and great-grandchildren that there were more honorary pallbearers than real pallbearers.
Tim putting his corsage on the casket after the pallbearers carried it in.
My cousin, Mandy made these pins for all of the family members.


My dad and his siblings. The flowers in front of them on the casket had ribbons that said "Wife, Mother, Grandmother and Great-grandmother".

Tammy, Me, Mom, and Laura.
My grandpa gave my dad the belt buckle I am wearing, and I asked my dad if I could have it. It is made of fossils.

My nephew Cade holding his dad, Cole's, hand.

Don't they look like bouncers?

The turquoise earrings my grandma gave me.

Tim and Rylee acting goofy for the camera

Telena, Me, and Rylee

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandmothers passing. Its hard to lose anyone close. My prayers will be with you and your family.