I got a craving for a snack on Sunday evening and looked to Pinterest for inspiration. I found this great recipe for White Chocolate Marshmallow Popcorn Squares from Yes, I Eat Cake.
- ~4 C popped popcorn
- 2 C mini marshmallows
- 1/2 C white chocolate chips
- 1/4 C sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 T butter
- dash of both cinnamon and nutmeg
Melt the butter in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until they start to melt. Add the chocolate chips and keep stirring until everything is incorporated.
Dump in the popcorn, almonds, cinnamon, and nutmeg and stir, stir, stir.
Turn the heat off and let the mix cool for a minute or two.
Once it’s cool enough to handle, press it into a medium sized pan (I used a bread loaf pan) that has been prepped with non-stick spray.
Let cool completely, then remove and cut into squares. (Could also easily be made into popcorn balls!)
While rummaging in the cupboards for the ingredients, I found these delightful cinnamon chips I bought a couple of months ago. Instead of adding the white chocolate chips and cinnamon, I just added the cinnamon chips and skipped the nutmeg. It smells like Autumn!!! It's so delicious!
I thought I would be brilliant and make this in a frying pan instead of a pot because of the surface area for melting the marshmallows. It was a great plan until it came time to stir the popcorn. The end result came with a mix of seared flesh! Lesson learned!
![]() |
| Melt the butter in a large pot over medium high heat. |
![]() |
| Add the marshmallows and stir until they start to melt. Add the chocolate chips and keep stirring until everything is incorporated. |
![]() |
| Dump in the popcorn, almonds, cinnamon, and nutmeg and stir, stir, stir. (I skipped the almonds and nutmeg.) |
Tim fell asleep early and I have eaten a good 1/3 of the batch already. It doesn't help that I'm watching Everybody Loves Raymond and they are ALWAYS talking about food!!
It would make a great road trip snack, but only if you can resist it long enough to make it to the car!




1 comment:
Thanks for sharing. We had the same craving a couple weeks ago. I want to try out that recipe. ours was okay but that looks so good! Looks like you are enjoying summer!
Post a Comment