Saturday, August 18, 2007

Sew Much Fun

Winter semester I began my beginning sewing class. It was intense! I hadn't sewn anything in years! I'd heard about how demanding the class was, but I was determined to succeed. About half way through the semester, I found that I really enjoyed sewing, despite hating it in my younger years. For your viewing pleasure, here are some pictures of my efforts. From left to right, my PJ pants. The style isn't the most flattering, so I am just showing the pattern of the fabric. The next project was an A-line skirt. I made mine out of moleskin. The next project was a dress shirt. The last project was a challenge project where we could choose a more difficult assignment. I chose a pattern that I've had for years but have never made. It is an eight-gore skirt with a godet between each gore. Oh, boy, was it a challenge! There was so much skirt! I love the design.

After talking to the sewing teacher, I was asked to be a TA for the beginning class on the provision that I take the intermediate class in the summer. So, here are the pictures from this last term's assignments: a fleece jacket, men's dress shirt, and my favorite, a little girl's dress.
I've never actually been excited for it to get colder outside, but I really want to wear my jacket. Tim wore the dress shirt I made for him the other day and it looked great on him! As I said, my favorite project was the little girls' dress. I am so excited for my future three-year old to wear it. So much, that I have three years to procrastinate making a matching dress for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maria Jones!! You amaze me!! I am so happy I found your blog!! I found you off of Katherines! yay!