I made a quilt. I made the Zig Zag Quilt from The Purl Bee. I changed up the colors and then got so excited that I was making such stellar progress, that I didn't add the last row of zig-zags, but that's okay, because now it is a square, lap quilt. It was a good beginner quilt.
The fabric:

I love quail! Tim and I found some stuck in our stairwell but couldn't get out, so Tim tried to help them out by building a ramp up the stairs with our two welcome mats, but two escaped into our house when he opened the door! Tim caught one quickly but the other escaped in the direction of the hallway, so we had no idea where the little guy was going. We finally found him by our fridge. He got caught between our sofa/chair and a bucket of flour with his legs still in running motion. Those guys sure are fast!


I have been working on lesson plans galore lately! I start teaching on the 25th and I am starting to get little pangs of nervousness and anxiety. I went to my classroom on Friday for the first time to look around and see what was there, and there is a LOT of stuff crammed in that room. There is a full kitchen in the back and even a bathroom! Apparently it used to be the preschool room. In the supply closet, I found all the legal pads and post-it notes I could ever use in my next three years of teaching!! I love post-it notes!! Legal pads aren't bad either.
Earlier this week, Tim and I were able to eat the firstfruits of our garden! Well, the first fruits of the tomatoes. The radishes have been ready for a while, but I think they taste gross. Tim likes them. I thought I might like homegrown better than store bought, but they both aren't my favorite veggies. Our bell pepper and jalepeno plants have started to flower! Yay!! I am probably the most excited about those. Bring on the spice!
For my birthday, Tim surprised me with an early birthday present: He pre-ordered Breaking Dawn for me! I was totally shocked because he has made fun of me relentlessly for reading the Twilight books! I picked it up at midnight, then came home and read it for about 4 hours, then went to bed for 4 hours and then read it for 1 hour, then went to an enrichment activity and came home and glued my butt to the couch to finish reading it. It was good. Different from the other books, but still good. Someone else needs to read it, so I can talk to them about it!
I posted earlier about one of my projects, and I finished it!! I made a wedding shadowbox! Tim's boutonnière wouldn't fit in it, so I used a calla lily instead and will put the boutonniere on the outside. I also made a wreath of my wedding centerpiece flowers. Tim was getting a little annoyed with the wreath shedding everywhere, so I bit the bullet and made it....a year and a half later. The floral arranging was great practice since I will be teaching a unit on floral design.



Well, I plan to post again this week, so check back again.

3 comments:
Wow! You've been very busy. I love love love your quilt! I want to make one for Tucker, and maybe this is the design I will use. We're probably moving to Bountiful in September, and so maybe you could help me if I get stuck. Looks like you guys are having lots of fun! It's so exciting that you're almost teaching! How fun. Hope you have a fun birthday in a couple of days. Maybe you and Tucker can share it (we hope he comes early-he's due the 8th)
me me me! I finished it...dumb homework...
So cute! I love the quilt. I'll have to try that once I find my sewing machine...
Post a Comment