Sunday, August 3, 2008

Tribute to Graduate Studies

Today is a bittersweet day at work. It's my 23rd birthday and my farewell party at Graduate Studies. Have no fear, friends, both were celebrated festively! I have worked there since October 2003. After almost five years of working there, I am going to enter the world of teaching. Here are some of my favorite memories of Grad Studies:
  • when I discovered my allergy to ibuprofen and James threatened to come into the (wrong) women's restroom to take me to Urgent Care with Janice who were mistaken as my parents
  • birthday parties, holiday parties, we-haven't-had-a-party-in-a-long-time parties, the 25 days of Christmas...basically a lot of parties
  • the New Graduate Student Fair and Dinner...such yummy food!
  • summer retreats, Christmas parties, and pretty much anything with food
  • making a fruit flower basket (blogged by Cathi...read it, it's hilarious!)
  • meeting my best friend and roommate, Serb
  • our quote board, which could be a whole blog post by itself
  • the wacky phone log (again, blogged by Cathi. it's the weirdest thing!)
  • cattle prodding (a.k.a. being a line marshal at University Commencement)
  • moving into the Former Presidents' Home and having access to a full-size kitchen
  • admiring Harry Winston, Bulgari, and Tiffany's jewelry with JeNeal
  • talking with Terilee about our problems and life
  • French Food Day to celebrate Bastille Day (July 14th)
  • breaking (and fixing) the copier and shredder
  • going to the Manti Temple with Breann, Serb, and Heidi W.
  • as a Freshman, being asked if I was a graduate student because I was wearing a "BYU Graduate Studies" shirt
  • my first day of work, I was told to meet the office outside on the grass next to the side entrance to the ASB so we could take office photos. I had no idea who anyone was, but still climbed on their back to take a fun photo. That's when I knew I found the perfect place to work!

Thank you, friends, for being wonderful! I know, there are a lot of memories, but when you consider I've worked there for almost five whole years and spend as much time there (if not more) than my waking hours at home, it has a big impact on your life! Not to mention all of my co-workers (full- and part-time) are the coolest ever!

Speaking of co-workers, I am going to try to make a list of all the people I have worked with: Nathan, Brandon, Kathy, James, Sannie, Kevin, Bonnie, JeNeal, Selby, Janice, Terilee, Debbie, Bea, Laurie, Claire, Miles, Curt, David, Logan, Rossana, Kalyan, Sarah, Meg, Jason, Heather, Brynn, Catherine, Marisa, Stacey, Heidi H., Heidi W. Breann, Jared, Cathi, Megan, Amanda, Allie, Chara, Nicole, Amy, Jolene, Kate, Arlene, Fred, Matt, Eddy, Scott, Christijan, Derence, and Sami. I think that's everyone, and, boy, is that a lot of people!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

OK well I was doing GREAT until I read that! Then came the tears. I did JUST fine hugging you goodbye, I did JUST fine walking away from the office, and then ya had to go be such a...sentimental, wonderful, and amazing person. You goober. I love you.

Stephanie said...

i'll update my blog if you do! Oh yeah...I still have to call you back from like a couple of weeks ago...sorry. I've been so horrible about returning anyone's calls or anything like that. Do you still love me?