Sunday, December 7, 2008

Festival of Trees

On Monday, Dec 1st, I got to skip (teaching) school and decorate a Christmas tree with the FCCLA officers for Festival of Trees. Festival of Trees is an event where people donate Christmas trees, wreaths, etc to be bought by people, companies, etc. All of the proceeds go towards Primary Children's Medical Center. Being a non-Utah native and being more involved in Provo/Orem festivities than Salt Lake/Sandy festivities, I had never heard of it or attended. Long story short, it was fun to skip school, decorate a Christmas tree, attend the event on Saturday with Tim, look at all of the decked out trees, and get in the Christmas spirit. For some reason it is really hard for me to get in the Christmas spirit this year. I don't know if it's because there is no snow on the ground and the weather is a beautiful 30-40 degrees (not that I don't like it), but it's been hard. But attending the Festival of Trees was really great. The generosity of the donors and buyers was amazing! Some of the trees still hadn't sold by the last night and had a high price tag. I saw some as low as $300 and as high as $3,000! YIKES! I was glad I could be a part of the donation since it was going to a good cause. Here are some pictures of our tree and some of the ones around taken on Monday. We didn't bring the camera last night, but there were too many spectacular trees to narrow down which ones to post.

A close-up of the ornaments

Our tree topper -- A Rubiks cube star

The whole tree


The tree next to ours -- The Grinch!

No comments: