Sunday, March 29, 2009

March Madness

It's been a while since I've blogged. I've been meaning to update with pictures from my trip to California last month, but all of my photos are on my work computer.

Speaking of work, I only have one more quarter of school left!! It has completely flown by! I can't believe that in two months, I will have successfully completed my first year of teaching! Wow, have I learned a lot!

This last week was the State FCCLA competition in Layton. It was a lot of fun! Of course, when dealing with over a dozen teenage girls, there is bound to be drama. Two of our girls won first place and are going to compete at Nationals in Nashville, TN.

In home life, I have been struggling lately with cooking dinner. Usually it's been frozen or boxed dinners. Somehow this weekend I got a kick in the pants to actually plan and cook. Tim's been such a good sport about convenience dinners, but I know he's missed the home-cooked goodness.

Tim has totally adjusted to his nocturnal state during his break. We are trying to get everything ready for him to start school at UVU in May.

My little brother, Kyle, got his mission call. He is going to .............................. drum roll, please ............................. Ft. Lauderdale, FL, Spanish speaking. He reports to the Provo MTC on June 10th.

Also, Tim's brother, Fluff (a.k.a. Cameron) got his mission call a couple weeks ago. He is going to Columbus, Ohio, English speaking, reporting to the Provo MTC on May 20th.

That's all for now! Check back soon for some awesome photos from California. In the meantime, if you have an hour and a half, check out the Runway Show I went to. It features Leanne Marshall's collection from Project Runway. It's pretty cool. My favorite designer is at the very end. His collection was sensational! He even got a standing ovation at the end.

Check back soon!

No comments: