Tuesday, March 31, 2009

How cool is that?

I got home from work today later than usual. I spent two hours after school time to attend an in-service meeting about technology. Basically, I got paid to sit around and play on the computer. It was really fun. I also got to play with and learn more about the iPod Touch. I want one. It would be so useful and handy. What's scary is that it would know more than I do. Crazy.

While I was at this shin-dig, I checked my email and got an itinerary for a conference I will be going to in June for Family and Consumer Sciences, and being the planner that I am, already decided which courses to take. I know, I know. I'm a nerd, but considering registration opens tomorrow and I have to know if I am signing up for any classes with fees, I'm right on schedule. I'm very excited to finish the year and learn how to be a better teacher. It's still almost surreal to me that I am a legitimate high school teacher and not just student teaching.

In other cool news, I am going to Texas for Spring Break next week! I am so excited. Originally Tim and I were going to go to Arizona to visit his mission stompin' ground, but decided it had been too long since he made contact. It's almost been five years in some areas. Wow! So, since I wanted to go on a non-school-related vacation, I recommended Texas. I was only half-kidding, but Tim said that since I was the one who needed the vacation, I should go. I was shocked he so easily agreed!!! After checking flights and our budget, it was decided. I called my parents to make sure they were going to be there and booked my flight. I am going to be there for four days. Yippeee!!! All last night I was beaming while doing a happy dance all over our apartment. And to think that I almost put my suitcase away from my last trip.....

TEXAS, HERE I COME!!!

3 comments:

katherine said...

Your trip is just two weeks too late! We could have met up!

Laura Chapman said...

So jealous...one day I'll make it home again! You'll have to live it up for me.

Stephanie said...

can i come too? I have spring break next week! Rob will be being boring and going to school...Sigh...wish I could, but I will be there in July so maybe you should come then!