- having the lesson plans from the previous teacher
- being able to go on field trips
- "de-briefing" on the car ride home with Michelle
- working with the FCCLA officers
- having overall a successful and fun year
- and being able to do it again next year!
Of course, there are a few things that I am going to change, especially since some of the curriculum is changing, but thanks to a great teacher before me, I really do have a lot of great lesson plans! Here are some scary changes for next year:
- being the head FCCLA advisor
- Michelle is leaving :(
- teaching one foods class instead of one financial literacy class
- teaching Advanced Interior Design as concurrent enrollment through SLCC
- changing some policies
- and demanding a clean room at all times!!!!!
This past week all of my students have been working on final projects. While they've been working, I've been cleaning and organizing the classroom. It's really hard to know what materials, worksheets and supplies I have when I can't find it, so I've spent a lot of time:
- organizing my overflowing filing cabinets
- re-boxing fabric so that there are lids on the boxes
- printing papers for next year
- organizing and labeling supplies (it's amazing how kids don't put things back where they are grouped or color coded.)
- cleaning
Next week is the last week of school and my students have to get my signature on a piece of paper in order to get their yearbooks and I haven't signed any of them unless they have finished their final project and cleaned their tote tray AND part of my room. They aren't thrilled about cleaning the room, but, hey, I'm not the one who made the mess, so I'm not the one that's going to clean it. I think it's fair.
After Friday, I am going to relax and enjoy my summer vacation by:
- hiking the Y and Mt. Timp
- going on a few Parade of Homes tours
- hosting my sister's baby shower
- taking my little brother to the MTC
- spending time with family
- and, finally, SLEEPING IN!!
What are your summer plans?
1 comment:
I was wondering when you were going to be done teaching for the summer. My plans include getting together with ya for lunch! What do ya say?
Is Laura pregnant? Is that whose shower it is?
Post a Comment