Sunday, September 5, 2010

Hike to Stewart Falls

On Saturday, Tim and I went with the Chapman's to hike to Stewart Falls. It was a little more strenuous than I remember. Maybe I'm just getting older. Either way, it sure was fun and the views breathtaking! It was quite the adventure with all of the near death experiences I encountered.

Playing with Tim's hat in the car. Don't you just love his rubber band wrists and elbow and knuckle dimples?

Getting ready for our hike!

Tim and I climbed to the upper pool, which was gorgeous! I think I scared Tim as I was squatting down a decline to get to flat ground. I ended up sliding down on my bum, but I made it!!

Tim and Simon playing with rocks. Simon liked to hit them together. But you have to be quick with that little guy. If you didn't watch him for a second, he would put one of the rocks in his mouth. He sure is quick!

The Chapman's getting soaked by the waterfall!

It was actually pretty busy at the falls. There were a lot of people with babies! And dogs. Simon liked to watch the dogs. I don't know what Laura's looking at in this picture, but you can see how Simon chews his thumb on the side of his mouth.

The Chapman's on the hike back to the car. We decided to try a shorter route. It wasn't very short and mostly downhill.

The river on the hike back next to the road. It was gorgeous with the light streaming in through the trees!

1 comment:

Laura Chapman said...

We need to swap pictures from the past several months... I'm glad you love taking pictures of my cutie. You have lots of fun candid ones!