Sunday, July 17, 2011

Quick Update

It is has been awhile since I have blogged anything, so I figured I would give a quick update on the happenings at the Jones house. This has been a busy summer for us!

Tim and I started the summer signing a contract on a house in Lehi! We then had a problem when the basement flooded because of the water heater when the utilities were turned on for the home inspection which caused a delay in the inspection and everything else. We let the professionals handle the repairs while we continued with our summer plans.

We have had a lot of welcomes and homecomings: two brothers home from missions, two new nephews, and visits from both sets of parents. It's fun living so close to most of the family and able to spend time with family when they do come into town.

I just got back from a week at the FCCLA National competition in Anaheim, CA. I went with one student from Alta and some other students and teachers from my district. Being in Anaheim, we spent a lot of time at Disneyland! We even went to Knott's Berry Farm, which I had never been to before. My first time to Disneyland was just a couple of months ago in November. I had a blast but my legs and feet were killing me at the end of every day! I even got a tan!

It was on this trip that the biggest bomb was dropped on us: the house Tim and I are supposed to close on today has mold and a foundation problem which is under litigation. Great. After I got back super late on Thursday night, we discussed our concerns on Friday with buying the property and called our realtor on Saturday to tell him we weren't going to buy it after all. We are at peace with not buying the house, but have to make some other big decisions soon. We already bought appliances and they are scheduled to be delivered in a week to the house we aren't buying...easy fix, postpone the delivery. We found someone to buy our contract and they want to move in as early as possible in August, but we haven't signed an official move-in date...this is a problem. We could either displace them with such short notice, or hurry and find a place to buy and close on it in 30 days (and counting down...). To say we are stressed is an understatement. And, being the weekend, there isn't anything we can do besides research houses and stress out. Now it is time to get to work!

We did go see the last Harry Potter movie on Saturday, so that helped distract us from the stress. It was really well-done. I hadn't read the book since it came out, so I thought it was really accurate. Tim, who had read it more recently, said there were some things were different. I recommend it.

Well, friends, that has been our crazy life over the last two months. I haven't uploaded any pictures from my camera yet, so when I do, I will have to blog about them.

No comments: