Yesterday was my last day as a high school FACS teacher. I got a job as an Educational Technology Specialist, or Ed Tech for short. I will travel between several middle schools helping teachers to incorporate technology into their classroom. This has been a really tough decision for me to make. I will miss my coworkers, students (well, some of them), FCCLA officers, and my classroom with all its stoarage and tech and its own bathroom. I will not miss parent teacher conferences, angry parents, angry students, and grading.
I am excited to start a new chapter of my career and put my master's degree to good use. I have a lot of questions about the job that will get answered at a training in two weeks, but the job officially starts August 1st. I am spening my first two days of my summer vacation at a podcast training making sure I am up to date on my technology.
Thursday, June 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment