Thursday, October 11, 2007

Truly Inspirational

After a rocky week of TA'ing this week, I really questioned whether or not I could be a teacher for the rest of my life. Can I relate to my students? Can I help them learn not just for a grade? How can I put subjects on their level? I guess part of it is still getting to know the girls in my lab. I also don't know where I will student teach in January, so things are kind of in limbo between real and hypothetical. I was totally buoyed up by a quote I found from President Monson while I was researching for a biology paper. To help get me out of the doldrums, I designed a spiffy autumn-inspired photo at the bottom of the blog. It says:

To reach, to teach, to touch the precious souls whom our Father has prepared for His message is a monumental task. Success is rarely simple.
Generally it is preceded by tears, trials, trust, and testimony.
(September 1997 Ensign)


I truly enjoy my major. It's great to hear my students say how much they value their mother or grandmother for making their clothes, wedding dresses, or simply their talent or patience. If only one person in my class leaves in December with a better appreciation for sewing, I will consider the semester a success!

1 comment:

katherine said...

i'm loving the new banner. impressive.