Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Newest News

Hello, friends. It's been a while since I posted. To give you a brief update on life at the casa de Jones, let me begin with the most recent news: our car has been pronounced hazardous. That is correct, our reliable, noisy, purple Neon is dying. It will be taken to a junk yard in the near future. The beginning of this turn for the worse began on Saturday. I drove the car into a recessed curb (oops!) and then Tim changed the oil in the car, but when we drove up Provo Canyon for a luau, we noticed that there was smoke coming from the car. Since Tim wasn't sure how much oil to put in, we just thought the smoke was from too much oil and it was burning off. On the way back, the oil light would turn on when turning and stopping. At that point, we definitely knew something was wrong. So, from the drive up and back the canyon and around Provo to drop off our friends, our car had drained all 4 quarts of oil that were put in the car. Since this happened Saturday evening, we rode the scooter to church the next morning. It was really fun to ride in a skirt, let me tell ya! Then, yesterday, Tim wasn't feeling well and wanted me to drive to campus by myself on the scooter. Keep in mind that I've only driven it once and that was in a parking lot in February. I took it for a test drive around the block and didn't do too bad. I stalled it once and then when I went to park it in the driveway, I put the brakes on a little too forcefully and slammed myself into the front of the bike (ouch!). So, Tim, in his illness, drove me to campus to save me and those around from my slow (15 mph max), unsteady and just plain bad scootering. That night I came home and practiced driving the scooter by myself around the neighborhood. I got up to 20 mph, just for the sake of saying I did. Once I reached that speed, I slowed it back down to a steady 10-15 mph. If nothing else, I now know what to do to keep me from within the speed limits in Provo!


Here is a picture I took when the flowers where we park were in full bloom. I thought the shades of purples were really pretty together.

2 comments:

Because You Want To Know said...

What kind of scooter is that? We're looking to get one. How many cc's?

Liz Johnston said...

sad days about the neon. we have one too i hope it keeps a going for us.