Hello, blog world! After taking a two month sabbatical, I'm here to post about my adventures.
Teaching is going fairly well. There are a few ups and downs here and there but I am doing well. I survived the first day of school and then parent-teacher conferences a few weeks ago. This week I survived meetings on Tuesday, Wednesday AND Thursday. Last night I became dead exhausted at 9pm and woke up this morning at 6am, so my body is definitely on a schedule.
The 45 minute drive hasn't been too bad, either. I carpool with a co-worker, Michelle, and it totally helps the time speed up. It's also been really nice to have someone to tell my wacky stories and the struggles of the day.
Teaching Interior Design is a lot of fun! I have some crazy fun projects coming up including a texture rub photo, painting a color wheel, and my advanced students are starting their floral design unit. I just spent $40 on flowers for me and am going back to Taiwan Imports to buy more floral supplies for my students on Monday.
My biggest struggle is my financial literacy class. First of all, it's a HUGE class--38 students, mostly boys, which is quite different for me. Not to mention the boys are mostly very outspoken and active. I'm lucky if I am two days ahead on lesson planning!
Speaking of planning, I have a lot to do this weekend. Not to mention grading. I love interior design, but the grading is tough. It comes in piles and piles! So, I am going to get started before General Conference starts.
I'll try to keep my head above water more and blog about some of the excitement that happens at home and at school.
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
sounds like are you are busy lady and I hope that you dont drown.. enjoy conference!!! love ya!
I am glad to see you updated your blog and my name was even mentioned. It has been fun to get to know you better. After this week then maybe you can breath. Good luck with all your planning and enjoy your weekend. I was with you. I was up bright and early. See ya Monday where we get enjoy meeting after school.
Glad to hear you're still alive! Good luck teaching- I'm sure you're the best.
Post a Comment