It's true. Whatever can go wrong, will. I'm also posting mid-week. Tim is running errands. I first have to explain my crazy grocery shopping trip from yesterday and then today's mishaps.
Yesterday, Macey's grocery store was having a "Moonlight Madness" sale where certain items are on sale for dirt cheap for only a couple of hours in the evening. I wanted to go for the cheese. I love love love love love cheese. I also went for my sister who needed some things, too. When I got there at the start of the madness, there were no carts or baskets left, after starting my shopping, a nice worker walked by carrying some baskets, and I asked if I could have one. I immediately dropped my stuff into the basket. While I was continuing my shopping adventure, I realized I would need a TON more room in my basket and went down a less crazy aisle to reorganize. I put my basket on the ground and squatted next to it. As soon as I was down, I heard the worst possible noise to hear in a public place--fabric ripping. I quickly and nonchalantly diagnosed the problem. The crotch seam had burst but nothing was showing and it wasn't big. So, I continue on my merry way shopping until my arm almost ripped out of my socket from carrying too many groceries on one arm. Then I waited in line for 45 minutes to check out. It wasn't too bad, but I was incredibly self conscious about my pants splitting. When I got home and could look at my seam better, I didn't realize I had grossly underestimated the damage. I thought it was just the section where all four seams intersect, but it wasn't. I am so grateful that the serging held me closed! I will now be more careful when I squat.
*check back for photo*
Today was a really LOOOOOOOOONG day. I got to school earlier than usual to hand out water bottles to recruit students to take FACS classes. Then I got some work done while students took the UBSCT test. My first period of the day went without a hitch, except my aide wasn't there, so I couldn't have him help me grade quizzes. Immediately after class, another teacher comes in to use my room and couldn't get my projector to work. Turns out the bulb died. I emailed our school's electronic technician, and during the next period found out that I am the only teacher in the school with this type of projector and that it will take two weeks before I receive a new bulb. Great. I checked out a temporary, portable projector for my last class of the day since it's pretty near impossible to teach architecture without pictures, slideshows and a projector, and since my artwork is not going to be featured in the Louvre or the Metroplitan Museum of Art anytime soon, I was out of luck. On to plan B. Wait. What is plan B? I don't have a plan B for this. Crap! Begin panic attack now!
Trying to keep it archtecturally related, I told my students that we were going to go on a field trip to walk around a neighborhood by the school to analyze those houses for architectural details we've been learning about. The students loved it! They really enjoyed being about to be outside, walk around, and see the things they've seen only in pictures used in real life. I don't know how legal and allowable that field trip was, but it was educational and enjoyable. Honestly, if this experience had happened during any other class period, I couldn't have done the field trip.
After school, I had quite a lot of students come in to make up quizzes, make a powerpoint, etc, all at the same time I was supposed to be in a meeting to finalize plans for the school dance this weekend. After that was planned and I was getting ready to shut my computer down, a co-worker comes in to talk about our plans to attend a conference in LA in a couple of weeks. I was at the point of "I don't care, just let me go home" by the time we were done.
Yikes.
I'm stressed.
I'm so glad Tim is getting J Dawgs for dinner.
I'm bushed.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
See, look how wonderful you are--you improvised a lesson that the kids loved. You're amazing! Hang in there.
Post a Comment