As soon as we got to the convention center, the students signed up for a time to compete. Before and after that time, all anyone could do is just sit and wait...or nap.
Summer came on the first day and made sure everyone had a good talkin' to about how to behave and to use the buddy system (groups of 3) so that I wouldn't be stressed out being there as the only advisor. This is how they used the buddy system to a T.
Dinner at Chili's. Yum!!
Since I've never been a mom, I'm not sure if this is how it feels, but I was so proud of my kiddos! When they walked off the stage with their medals, I would stop them for a picture. I felt like such a nerdy, proud mama! I guess that's why they call me Mama J! Well, that and I always have food!
On Thursday we had the awards ceremony. We had 3 students qualify for nationals! One had to leave early to attend a Sterling Scholar banquet at school, but here are the other two!
Woo hoo!!
Chicago here we come!
Chicago here we come!
2 comments:
I like that they call you mama because you have food. It reminds me when we were roommates, and I always had food in my bag. I said that my kids would be the cool ones b/c I always had food, and you said that I'd be the mom with the fat kids because of all the food. :)
Remember that?
YEAH MAMA J!
Post a Comment