Saturday, April 10, 2010

Viva Las Vegas!

For my spring break, I went to Las Vegas for a girl's weekend with Stephanie. Neither of us wanted to drive the whole distance between Salt Lake and Los Angeles, so we settled for meeting in the middle. We stayed for 5 days, 4 nights at the Flamingo Hotel. We walked a lot, ate a lot, shopped a lot, slept a lot, and had a blast doing it all!

I will now proceed to overload you with pictures and posts of the fun things we did on our trip.

While driving to Las Vegas, I drove through snow/rain with plenty of snow on the mountains and side of the road.




The view from our hotel.




I needed to go to the Luxor to get a book of pictures from the Bodies exhibit for one of my classes next year, so we walked from the Flamingo to the Luxor and back. Keep in mind the Strip is 4 miles in length. The Flamingo is in the middle and the Luxor at the end. We walked about 4 miles in one freezing evening while taking lots of pictures, enduring the process of blisters, and getting conned into taking awkward pictures with some court jesters at Excalibur.





These are all cakes/candy. They all look too good to eat!

We ordered dinner to go at PF Chang's and walked around Planet Hollywood while we waited. We saw this cool light fixture and then another one that was colored, except every time I turned around to look at it, it changed colors. I tried to upload the video of it but it was too big. Here are the sideways still shots, though.



A person statue.

After a long day of driving and walking we went back to the hotel to eat and relax. I slept like a rock. Stephanie woke up in the middle of the night to someone pounding on the door looking for someone in a different room. I slept through it and woke up refreshed at 8am. Woo. Hoo. That begins our Friday adventures.

...to be continued...

No comments: