Now that there are only a few more days left of the summer term, going back over the models is daunting! There are so many of them. I have high hopes to use some of them, but others still intimidate me. I like and plan on using (at least sooner rather than later the following models:
- Jigsaw
- Graffiti
- Concept Development
- Concept Attainment
- Cause and Effect
- Synectics
I'm nervous about implementing them all correctly, but making the Unit Plan is helping me implement them in my lessons.
Some of the more daunting models are:
- Socratic seminar and
- Academic Controversy
I am just concerned that my students could be too negative or offensive to someone else's idea. As long as a positive classroom climate is set up from the beginning, it could go well.
1 comment:
Yup... doing those kinds of models in class is exactly the way these kids learn how to discuss with respect for others. But, you're right... it's NOT easy on the teacher, who is probably the most vulnerable of all in trying out a new model. I really appreciate your thoughtful analysis of all of the models and how you feel about them. I'd love to watch you apply them in class! Good luck!
Post a Comment