Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas, friends and family! I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday. Tim and I are in Idaho with his family. I'm a little bitter, mostly because I was just "killed" by Tim's little brother in the card game Tim and I got from Santa. It's so sad because I was supposed to kill everyone else in the game. Oh, well. Now I have time to blog before bedtime.
Being away from my family for Christmas for the first time really made me think about the family traditions that I had growing up and how much I liked them despite the complaints and groans. A list is below:
  • wearing matching pajamas and taking pictures on the stairs before opening presents
  • taping the top of the staircase so no one could sneak down in the middle of the night
  • my parents locking their door with a sign that would have different times crossed out when we could wake them up until a somewhat decent hour
  • writing down what we received and who gave it
  • leaving out cookies and milk for Santa
My dad made a CD of pictures from 1977-2000. It was awesome to see the awesome 70s and 80s clothes, toys, and personalities. It's funny to see how everyone has changed and yet still stayed the same!

No comments: