When I was in high school, I went to a YSA activity and then to a guy's house after to watch a movie with some friends. On our way out to the car, we got turned around and couldn't remember where we parked in relation to the apartment since all of the apartments were identical. We didn't know the guy's apartment number or phone number so we just set out on an adventure. As you know, we found the car and carried on with our daily lives. From that experience, though, I have since carried a ward directory in my car. Now, I keep a phone book in the car at all times. It has a map of the surrounding areas and of course, numbers and addresses to various businesses. I love it! It's so handy!
I took my mom to the airport today and took a wrong turn. Instead of going to Bangerter Highway, I turned on I-80. I didn't want to be on the freeway, so I got off as quick as I could without getting on another freeway, which landed me at Redwood Road. After some mental calculations and confirmation from the aforementioned book of wonders, I was able to find my way back to Bangerter, even though staying on Redwood Road would have gotten me to my destination: food and grandma. I just love having a phone book with me. I know some people have the internet, cell phones and GPS, but I like being able to rely on something a little more tangible. I know, I know. I'm a little slow with technology....and cheap....and just simply old fashioned. What can I say? It's just me being me!
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
it certainly didn't help that we were so tired and it was so late that we (or maybe I) was delirious and actually feel asleep during the movie. fun times.. :)
Adam likes having a phone book in the car too, so you're not alone!
Post a Comment