Monday, March 31, 2008

What the Snow?

It was quite the surprise yesterday to open the door to leave for church to find about 2 inches of snow on the ground. I was totally expecting warm weather and had to change out of my sandals. It snowed a lot last night, too, so I took Tim to work this morning so he didn't have to ride the scooter on icy roads. In case you were wondering, I have the day off of school. I know, it's great. Today is a teacher work day to finalize grades for the third quarter, but since I've only taught for one week, I don't have many grades (besides those cursed tax forms) and they are already graded and in the computer. Since gas costs an arm and a leg, I got permission to stay home. Don't you worry, though. I have a to-do list already filling one entire sticky note, and that's the list of things that I haven't already done this weekend!

I must say, it is nice to sleep in until 6:45, if you can even call that sleeping in. That spring break I had awhile back totally did me in! Talk about senioritis! Tomorrow is April and I graduate at the end of the month. I only have 12 more days of teaching and 2 days of observation (a.k.a. work my butt off on my Teacher Work Sample!) Motivation is definitely running low in the mornings, but the date of April 24th keeps me going! Woohoo!

You know, it probably doesn't help that I'm teaching high school juniors and seniors since some of them are afflicted with senioritis. Maybe it's contagious....

No comments: