Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring Break

Today is the last day of my Spring Break. It's been a fun and eventful week! Let's recap:

Wednesday: I went to the Teacher Fair to introduce myself to various school districts around Provo and have a few screening interviews. I also did five loads of laundry afterwards. Talk about intense!

Thursday: This day was spent recuperating from the Teacher Fair. I sent 'thank you' letters and worked on my teaching portfolio. It looks really nice. I also started making a skirt from fabric I bought last summer! I'm what you'd call a late-bloomer. Or a slacker. I'll take either.

Friday: I drove to Peoa, Utah to pick up my mom at her mom's house. It was really fun to see my grandma and grandpa. My grandma even gave me some fabric, which is gorgeous. I already have plans to make a dress from it....in a few months....or next year. On the way home, we stopped by the Tanger Outlets in Park City and I bought a pair of Gap jeans for less than $10. Yay!! I have pants without holes! I can sit down without worrying about my tooshy falling out!

Saturday: We started the day with brunch at Laura and Brian's place and played Boccee ball. Then, while Laura and Brian went to Wendover for a reception, my mom and I went grocery shopping and then worked on my skirt together. We stopped by the Quiksilver outlet and I bought a dress shirt for Tim for $5. Pretty sweet deal. Overall it was a pretty chill and relaxing afternoon--my favorite! Then Laura and Brian came over for dinner, egg dyeing, dessert and games. We had a fun time! Here is my beautiful egg. It was my pride and joy of the evening.



Oh, and the others looked nice too.
The only food coloring left at the store was neon.
By the way, the only egg with black is also mine.


Sunday: Easter! I wore my new skirt to church. Then came home and made angel food cake to take to dinner. Then ate dinner and chatted.

Monday (today): I've been up since 8am, but there's not a whole lot I've done, besides work on lesson plans and fix my skirt. I guess I did clean the house a bit and shower, but now it's almost 5pm and I can't find where my time went. Oh, well. Tim will be home soon and then we are off to dinner at Outback Steakhouse with my mom. I'm so excited!! I haven't eaten there in ages!

I should blog more, but have been busy and lazy at the same time. I have some fun stories from high school, though, that's for sure. Like chaperoning a high school dance (yikes!!!) and a boy in my class who stares at me the whole time I teach. I start teaching all the classes tomorrow. I'm not as nervous this time to teach. I really enjoy it. I've been bored only teaching one class every other day. At least it gave me lots (and I mean lots) of time to write lesson plans and prepare for teaching.

Wish me luck tomorrow! Death to cell phones in school! :)

No comments: