Sunday, January 25, 2009

One Month Since Christmas

Today is exactly one month from Christmas and what a better time to post Christmas pictures. Laura and Tammy already posted some pictures; I guess it's my turn now.

I was so excited to see my family for Christmas!!! I told my students how long it had been since I'd seen my mom (8 months), dad (2 months) and youngest brother (18 months). They were all shocked at how long it had been. I'm sure some of them wanted that distance! :) So, I was stoked. Paul came into town first, and I already blogged about that. Then Tammy and her kids to see Paul, then the rest of the gang. I stayed in Provo with Tim for the few days before Christmas while he worked. Then we went to Grandma Seely's for the celebrations on Christmas Eve. We took pictures in our Christmas pajamas, read the nativity, and had a jolly good time. Laura's post has some super cute pictures of me and Rylee and a picture of me and Tim with Rylee and Cade. It's so funny! They look like they are our kids!



Our family is getting so big!!

My chachos, Kiki and Sharky.

On Christmas day I was up early. I don't know what it is about Christmas, but I always wake up early! My favorite Christmas present was a crocheted 'Jones' sign! I've always wanted one. I also loved the socks my husband got me. He was so sneaky! Since we bought a Wii on Black Friday, we decided that was going to be our Christmas, anniversary and Tim's b-day gift. We even wrapped the box and brought the Wii! So, I was surprised to get a gift. He went to the mall, on his birthday (two days before Christmas), and bought one pair at two stores at complete opposite ends of the mall. It was so sweet!!! Funny story: When school started again, my students asked me if my husband got me anything special for Christmas and when I told them 'socks', they looked at me like I had three heads. It was so funny!


I don't have any picutres of opening presents, but I do have a picture of what the boys did afterwards. Notice the glazed eyes. Also, Rylee is wearing the skirt I made her!

Then, after all of the presents were opened, we went to my aunt and uncle's house for a delicious dinner. Of course, I fell asleep on the couch at some point, which someone documented. I also got to see my grandpa who has been in a retirement home for the last couple of months.

Proof I was awake. I don't knwo what we were doing, but if you look above Adam's right shoulder, you'll see a green jacket. That's my Grandma. She finished her chemo treatments but doesn't have any hair grown back yet. She got this stellar hat from my uncle. She's so cool for wearing it out in public!! It's quite the intense hat!

Me sleeping and my Grandpa.

Cade riding the reindeer, while wishing he could ride the dog!

Telena and Laura. There were about 5 pictures of the two of them. That's why I call Laura the baby hog!

The saturday after Christmas we were going to see my mom's side of the family but I got sick the night before and spent the morning at Urgent Care and missed it. I don't think my tummy could have handled the twists and turns of Provo Canyon!

After that, Tim and I had our 2nd anniversary. We went to the Living Planet Aquarium and then had dinner at Texas Roadhouse. YUM! Since I had been on a pure liquid and chicken noodle soup diet for the last couple of days, I could only eat a few green beans before I asked for a box. It sure did taste good the next day, though! I've been hooked on that place ever since! It was a fun day. I can't believe that it's been two years! Time sure does fly!

Tim's favorite fish.

For new year's eve, my parents came down to Laura's house and Tim and I joined them for watching a movie, playing a game and watching the ball drop. We topped the night off with some bubbly, then I went home to crash. I can't handle late nights anymore. :(

It was so fun to have my family here for two weeks! It was sad to see them go! Y'all come back now, ya hear!

2 comments:

Laura Chapman said...

Hey, if I'm a baby hog then you're a child hog! If I remember correctly there were about 20+ pictures of you and Rylee on my camera (in one hour)!! We need to figure out how to get all the pictures together from everyone.

Stephanie said...

aww..I miss you guys. When are you coming to Cali?