After the open house, you walk to the chapel next door for refreshments and an exhibit about temples. This is where I fell in love. They had the absolute softest, tastiest cookies in the world!! I only grabbed two-one sugar, one chocolate-before boarding the bus, but I wanted to stuff my purse with them!! I had never tasted cookies so good!
So, yesterday as Michelle and I were leaving school "early", she gets a call from her husband who had tracked down the company who had made the cookies. When Michelle asked me if I had any of those cookies, I just about drooled remembering them. Her husband gave us the address and we are on our way, since we would have to pass by it on our way home. It took about 30 minutes to find the place since there is no sign and it's not really open to the public. We had even driven by it without knowing it was the right place before we called them twice to get directions. Boy, was it worth it! Not only are those cookies delicious, they are dirt cheap. How cheap, you ask? You get two dozen cookies for ...... drumroll, please......two dollars!!!!! We did the math, and that is 8.3 cents per cookie! You can't make them from scratch for that cheap! Michelle bought four boxes, and I bought three, one being chocolate chip cookies, which aren't soft but the perfect crunchiness. Get the price of those cookies: $1.25. That's right. Two dozen chocolate chip cookies for a buck twenty-five. You can hardly get chocolate chips alone for that price! So, that is what I am eating for breakfast right now as I type this post.
I am going to get so fat!
2 comments:
I hope you are enjoying the cookies. Thanks for the adventure yesterday to try to find them. They are really good. I am not sure what we are going to do with 4 boxes but I guess I will figure that out. Give them to my YW girls, have a big party, or I guess I could just get fat. Hope you are having a great relaxing weekend.
Where do you get those cookies!?!? Please share you secret:)
Post a Comment