Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Texas Recap

I am back from Texas. I miss it! I miss being on vacation. I miss spending time with my family. I miss teasing my brothers. I don't miss school/work. I did miss Tim, though, so I guess I am glad I'm back. I took TONS of pictures, mostly of Galveston and the destruction from Hurricane Ike 7 months ago. Since I brought my school's camera, I took a lot of pictures for work, so I won't bore you with most of them, only a select few.

I flew in on Thursday night. My parents picked me up and we went to dinner at BJ's. We of course had a pizzookie. I also took some pictures of me with my two little brothers. The one of me with Paul looks a little creepy of me. That's because he's tickling me and I'm trying to get him to stop while still trying to smile for the camera. Don't enlarge it.





The next day, Friday, I started to feel sick. Not good. I went to Galveston with my parents and didn't even touch the sand or water!! I did walk around inside the San Luis Resort. GORGEOUS!! I took lots of pics for my class. That night my parents and I went to a High Priest social. It was really fun. I ended up talking to a lady from Sandy who knows some of my fellow teachers. I had no idea my "non-school-related vacation" would be so school-related!

Proof I was at the beach.

Can you imagine this as your house? Scary.

This pier is missing the middle.

This is a church with scaffolding to get the roof fixed.

Saturday was pretty relaxed. We ate at Pho Yen! I went shopping with my mom at Wal-Mart and stopped by the side of the road to take pictures of bluebonnets.




Sunday was also relaxed. I was actually too sick to go to church, which was a bummer. One of the two most church-attending days (Easter) and I was too sick to go. So instead I watched some Disney movies. After the family came home and Paul came over, we did our easter egg hunt. Paul also brought his dog, Bailey. Surprisingly, my parents let her play inside! (FYI - My parents are NOT dog people.) I loved having a dog to play with, and Paul is a really good "daddy."



Monday was my flight back to Utah and I spent the morning shopping for Blue Bell ice cream and dried ice to bring back to Utah. I bought a cooler on our way back from Galveston and eight, yes eight, half gallon containers fit into it. I gave some to my sister, Laura, and one to my brother, Kyle. It was really soft after the long flight, but so worth it!!! At this point, I really wasn't feeling well, so I kept hoping and praying I wouldn't get sick on my return flight! Don't worry, I didn't.

1 comment:

MandiScandal said...

shut up! is that all it takes?!?! a cooler?!? i did major research online and my coworker and i were trying to find some high tech bag that we found online to let the carbon escape and blah blah blah so his wife could bring up back ice cream from her dallas trip. we finally gave up! blast!!