- taking smells out of clothes (fish, cigarette smoke, animals)
- keeping dye in colored shirts (especially black) and jeans
- as a preteatment for stains
- in the washing machine
- taking out the yellow of underarm stains
- and more!!
I'm sure there are more uses, just google it. There is one website, though, that has a commenter that recommends washing your jeans with bleach and ketchup. The ketchup is obviously a farse, but I guess some people believed him about the bleach and ruined all of their jeans! FYI-Bleach removes color!
Another hint was so wash an older, faded pair of jeans with a newer, darker pair of jeans to revitalize the older pair. I have some extra denim fabric that I have only washed once, so I want to try this with plain denim fabric and faded jeans. Also, washing your jeans inside out keeps the color longer as well. Wash in cold water.
1 comment:
it's funny what different uses things have. For example, the other day I was giving my kitchen a thorough cleaning and had some burnt on stains on my white stove top. I scrubbed and scrubbed, but to no avail. It's even tougher because it's a gas stove so these stains had been cooking and cooking with the pilot light right underneath them. Well, I remember my chem teacher saying something about baking soda, so I said, what the heck. I put water on the stains, and put some baking soda on top and let it sit for no more than five minutes. Sure enough they wiped right off, no scrubbing involved! Then I used baking soda to get those ugly water spots off my water spigot in my sink and now it's nice and shiny!
Post a Comment