Saturday, February 13, 2010

A New Watch

For about a week, I went about with a half-dead watch. It would tell time for part of the day, then be dead for another part, so it never told the correct time. Not having a watch that works is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. During this awful week of disorientation, I debated getting a new battery, buying a nice watch to last forever, or just a cheapo watch to get by. I even used my watch as an example to my financial literacy class about decision making. They helped me analyze the pros and cons to each of the options. I finally decided to get a new (nice) watch. I'd had my previous watch for seven years! Yikes! I bought it back when I was a junior in high school. As you can imagine, I was quite attached to the watch. It was hard to pick out a replacement.

Since I'd had my last watch for so long, I wanted another watch that would last another 7+ years. After looking at fossil.com for a new watch, I had it narrowed down to a couple of different watches. I knew I wanted a classic look, not too bling-y, with markings of some kind for the numbers, stainless steel, and not a colored face.

The finalists:





This one and this one were also finalists, but I couldn't copy their picture URL from the web.


The winner:


I absolutely LOVE my new watch. It's a perfect fit after taking out all of the extra clasps. I've never realized this until I had a new watch face, but I can see the time and numbers on the watch from any angle. With my old watch, the glass was so scratched I could only tell the time looking straight at the face. This watch also tells the date which I didn't have on my last watch but love having it now! I can't stand not knowing the date or time. What a perfect match!

3 comments:

Breanne said...

That one was my favorite out of the three pictured. Good choice :)

Baird Family said...

That's the one I would have picked too. I was going to suggest the Fossil outlet at Park City. I got my last watch there (5 yrs ago?) for $20. And I still love it.

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh, I have one that's almost exactly like it, also from Fossil, only mine is two-toned. We're twinners again!