Friday, April 1, 2011

Gooberific!

Tim and I got to babysit our nephew, Simon, whom we affectionately call Goober. He is the funniest kid ever! He cheeses for the camera and has a million laughs. Tim took tons of pictures and even some videos of the hilarity that is Simon.

This video captures what Simon does when you say "chew it up". He apparently listens to Tim better than to me.



This is a picture of Goober cheesing it up for the camera and chewing it up when we went out to Buca di Beppo for his 18 month celebration.



This video goes back to my trip with Laura and Brian to Las Vegas in August, when Simon was 11 months. He and I rode in the back together and he loved my water bottle. When he would get cranky on the drive, I would let him twirl the loopy piece that connected the lid to the bottle. When that got old, I would unscrew the lid and let him put the lid back on. He eventually started putting his hand in the bottle and playing with the water. This time he went straight for the water and made quite the splash! He also likes to hear his voice echo, which is what we tried to do but you can't hear it on the video.



Simon on the trip to Las Vegas, 11 months



Here are some other pictures of Simon. We mostly see the Chapmans while out to eat, usually with my dad when he comes in town for work.





We also bought him some sunglasses before we took him to his house for bedtime. He loves it when I play peek-a-boo with my sunglasses, and loves to wear mine and his mom's. He looks so dashing in his new sunglasses. We got him Hot Wheels glasses. They have flames on the sides and are so stylish. He loves them!


Here are some other pictures of Simon wearing my sunglasses. And, yes, sometimes they are upside down. They stay on his nose better that way.






Simon also really likes to sit on my feet when I'm laying down and then get flipped upside down. He also really likes to wear his jacket with the hood on. I love how his ears are sticking out of his hood!




Tim showed Simon a colorful game on the computer. Simon really liked the keyboard and the fun colors.

Isn't he so cute in his overalls?

No comments: