Saturday, October 11, 2008

All Dressed Up

Every day as I walk up and down the stairs from our door to the car, I see the progress of our beautiful little garden. It's doing rather well. After some storms a few weeks ago, our HUGE tomato plants kept falling over. They quickly outgrew their cages, so the cages didn't help keep them up. We finally ripped them out. So, now we have two empty cages, so I put them around our growing bell pepper plants, since I didn't want the same thing to happen to those babies since they aren't ready to be eaten yet. I took some photos today of the progress. They are coming along nicely, but when I read Breanne's post, I freaked! I covered them up with some scrap fabric to prevent any snow/frost/colder-than-desirable weather from killing them. Since the fabric wasn't wide enough, I pinned some more on the sides and then pinned them to the cages so they don't fly away. I felt silly "fitting" fabric over tomato cages, but here are the pictures of the progress.

Before the Fitting



A jalepeno (sorry, I forgot to turn the picture before uploading...)



All Dressed Up and Nowhere to Go
Plants and Scooter
And, while I was outside, I also took some pictures of the colorful mountains and the storm clouds hovering above them. These photos were taken from the driveway by the scooter without using any zoom.


1 comment:

Breanne said...

Yum! Those look great. Yeah, I am not ready for this cold weather. Just last weekend, one of my friends from Austin took her little boy swimming!! I can't believe it.