Saturday, October 11, 2008

What a Week!

This week has been crazy busy!

After school on Monday, all of the teachers stayed for two hours for a professional development meeting. It was really helpful. I met with another teacher in my department and another teacher I have never seen before and talked about financial literacy lesson ideas for about 20-30 minutes. I got some great ideas! It's still a struggle for me to come up with enjoyable lessons and work that take up the entire 90 minute class period.

Tuesday was a fun and busy day. There wasn't an early morning FCCLA officer meeting because we would see them all frequently the next two days. That was nice! In my advanced interior design class we began working on floral arrangements. I made one too. I took a picture of it on my cell phone to show Tim but it still needs a little bit of work. Then I will take a photo of it with a real camera and post the final product. Then, after school, Michelle (the head FCCLA adviser) and I went to Cosco to buy supplies for our tailgate party, our officer leadership meeting, my classroom, and from both of our own personal shopping lists. We had four separate registries.

On Wednesday, I was super busy getting everything ready for a substitute the next day and getting grades in the computer. Then, right after school, the FCCLA officers and advisers caught a bus to an overnight leadership conference at the Provo Marriott. We went to meetings, dinner at Ottavio's, then more meetings. I was dead exhausted by the time I went back to my room. Tim came all the way from our house to spend the night. It was fun to hang out with him, even though I couldn't stay awake for long.

Thursday was more meetings, but I think I am better understanding FCCLA and being an adviser. (I also found out just now that adviser is spelt -er and not -or. when I type it -or, the red squiggly line appears underneath it. Bummer. I thought I was right.) After meetings, lunch and a closing session, we drove back to Sandy to drive back home. All of us were so tired on the bus ride back!!!! We got back to the school before school ended and went straight to the car to go home.

The Homecoming Game was Friday for Alta High School. Our FCCLA club puts on a tailgate party in the parking lot before the game. It was a rush after school to get everything ready in time. It was also incredibly freezing! We had two huge coolers of water and lemonade. The ice in the water pitcher never melted! No one drank any of it either! We all had a good time painting faces, making popcorn and trying to stay warm. *For pictures, check out Michelle's blog.*

Now that it is the weekend, I am trying to relax, spend some quality time with Tim (who is still asleep), work on some lesson plans and grade papers. I'm just glad that next week is only a three day week because of UEA. My dad is in town to help out with his parents so I hope to get to spend some time with him during the break!

2 comments:

Breanne said...

That is a busy week! Sounds like a lot of fun though, and that was nice that Tim would drive all the way down to downtown Provo to stay with you. :)

Sarah said...

OOOOOO actually you WERE right about advisor. Even though Firefox's dictionary says it's wrong, it's not. I promise! Both spellings are correct (and I checked the dictionary on that), though some citation styles prefer one spelling over the other.

I MISS YOU!!!