Sunday, April 25, 2010

Vegas Shopping

Saturday was our main shopping day! We stopped by Caesar's Palace in the morning to check out the Greek God fountain. Conveniently next to the fountain was a delicious gelato shop. Steph got strawberry gelato and I got cookies and cream, both in waffle cones. After ten bites, mine got too rich but I ate it anyway so I could eat the waffle cone. I *heart* waffle cones!

We then headed to the south end of Vegas to one outlet mall, saw nothing promising, then headed north for some better options. On our way, we saw a mall with an H&M. I've never been there but our friend Serb raved about this place and shopped there all the time when she was in Paris. So, of course, we checked it out. They were having some really good sales. I got a pair of earring for $3, bought a shirt and got one free, and a plain white shirt for $8. Score! I am now a huge fan! Right next door to H&M was one of my favorite stores, New York & Co. They had everything in the store 50% off! I ended up just buying a necklace and got an additional 15% off because I am a teacher. Yay, baby!

The north outlet malls were where we totally hit the jackpot. Since it was Easter weekend, most stores had awesome deals, including 40% off the whole store at Ann Taylor and Banana Republic. It was turning out to be a great shopping experience!

While shopping, though, we had worked up quite an appetite and decided to go to dinner at Chipotle. As we turned onto the street, I saw a Cafe Rio and told Steph to look out the window. She thought I was crazy for a minute until she saw the sign, then immediately swerved into the next lane and turned into the parking lot! I didn't realize there was a Cafe Rio in Vegas, but we found it! No one was in the restaurant but the employees and no cars were in the parking lot. Steph got out to check out the closing time. We were in luck. They were open for another hour! We shared a pork salad with chips and guacamole. Yum!



On our way back to our hotel, we had a craving for something sweet. Since I'd never had the Great Wall of Chocolate from PF Chang's, we decided to call in the order, then Steph would drop me off while we were at a red light, I would run in and get while she circled the block, then pick me back up at another red light. The way it happened worked out so much better than planned! We were barely at a red light when we were at the restaurant entrance but the light was about to turn green. I quickly just jumped out of the car, ran to the take-out counter, tried to be patient while the couple in front of me tried to decide what to order. Thankfully, they needed another minute and let me go ahead of them. I paid for the little slice of heaven, then ran back out of the restaurant, down the ramp to the street, saw Steph's car stuck at a red light about to turn green again about 50 feet up from where I originally jumped out, ran to the car and jumped in, locking the doors so no one else got any crazy ideas. All of this happened in about 5 minutes. We were so proud of ourselves!! We then parked the car in the garage and carried all of our packages to our hotel to celebrate our good deals with chocolate. Yum!!

Chocolate, gelato, and shopping all in one day. What a great day!

2 comments:

Baird Family said...

So jealous of all your deals! I want to come next time!

Stephanie said...

oh and you left out about the part of me literally jumping up and down over having found a cafe rio...i was SOOOO happy!