Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Teacher Thought Spot
This week we learned about the Concept Development Model. I was really excited to learn about this model. I got the idea from a professional development activity to use start out the year by having students fill in box A-Z of different words relating to a topic. I thought it would be a great tool to use on the first or second day of school to have students compete for thinking of the most words. After learning about this model, I realized it could be so much more powerful. This model would also be great for reviewing at the end of the course of our state test. It would be really need to compare the words at the beginning and end of the course. These are just two examples, but I like how it can be used for almost anything! It has such versatility.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wonderfully practical ideas! You know, you COULD still have the students complete the alphabet of those words as the "brainstorm" step, just to get the words down. Then, in the grouping/categorizing step, they could add more and/or cross some out. Just a thought! And, I LOVE, LOVE the idea of comparing the beginning and ending lists. Wow! There could be some powerful (creative - on Bloom's scale) learning going on!
Post a Comment