Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Amen, Sistah!

My aunt sent me an email of a woman's list of what she plans on not doing in 2008. The list includes
  1. Say "I'm exhausted"
  2. Say "I have to"
  3. Hurry
  4. Do one more thing
  5. Deprive myself of what I need to feel great
  6. Think or say disrespectful things about myself
  7. Spend long hours at the computer
  8. Over schedule
  9. Judge others
  10. Try to control what is not under my control
Can I get a hearty, "Amen, Sistah! Hallelujah!" This list sounds like my life in a nutshell! It's crazy how I often I complain about being tired, yet do not nothing about it but continue complaining. I do have an excuse now:

35 teenagers per class x 4 classes per day = one very drained teacher

I have changed by bedtime routine to go to bed when the hour is still 9:00 pm. So far so good. After all, waking up at 5:45-6am can wear on you.

2 comments:

Laura Chapman said...

I do hope you survive this student teaching. And also I hope you still want to teach when it's all over too!! Good luck and keep me posted!

Anonymous said...

I can tell you feel very strongly on this subject.... you posted it three times!!