Alright, I like to throw in my 2 cents every once in a while on this thing. Right now in my English class we are writing opinion editorials. I decided I'd write mine about getting the parking lot just south of campus fully paved. Here are the first two sentences of my paper:
"Don’t let the title of this article fool you. This is not just going to be another several paragraphs complaining that it takes me 25 minutes to find somewhere to park and 15 more minutes to walk to class when I come to school at BYU."
I then go on to describe how although that is an issue for many people, it's pretty much been beaten to death, several times by many people.
So now to the meat of this story - Monday we had peer reviews in class. I got paired up with a girl who also wrote about parking at BYU. But, as fate would have it, she wrote about THE EXACT SUBJECT that I ridiculed in those first two lines. I couldn't have felt like more of a jerk...
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Tim, NO REASON to feel like a jerk. What is the basis of those opinion editorials? Me, me, me. It takes ME so long to find a parking space, woe is ME. Hopefully, your editoral adresses other specific problems relating to the awful, pot-hole filled, why the heck is there still a DIRT, parking lot. Who knows, maybe your article will reach some important ears. :)
Post a Comment