Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Elder Seely, Day 2

Today Kyle went into the MTC. He will be there for 2 months to learn Spanish before he goes to the Ft. Lauderdale, FL mission. It was a really relaxed morning. I woke up early and made kolaches until Kyle woke up. Then Mom and Gma Reese came over. They had stayed the night at Laura's. We had some kolaches and strawberries and cream banana bread while talking and while Kyle got ready. Before he went into the MTC he wanted to see an friend from BYU, so we dropped him off at Helaman Halls while the girls went to Campus Craft and Floral and the Bookstore.

After picking him up, we didn't have a lot of time, so we didn't take any pictures at the famous MTC sign. Besides, Kyle says he wants to wait until he has his missionary nametag before he takes a picture there. We drove through the parking lot and dropped him off. It felt like we were at the airport. Two elders came to our car to help him with his luggage and take pictures for us. I felt like we should have tipped them! It was quick and relatively painless. I was nervous that they wouldn't let me in since I had been sick the past week with sinus yuckies. Thankfully, they only asked if Kyle had been sick.

Now my mom and gma are headed to Las Vegas to visit family. Before her flight on Tuesday morning, she will come back to Utah Valley to spend time with me and Laura.

Yay for family!

Elder Seely, complete with backpack, luggage, and crooked tie.

Elder Seely and Mom

Gma Reese, Elder Seely, Mom, Me

Right before separating. My mom is trying hard not to cry!

3 comments:

Laura Chapman said...

I'm sad I missed the delicious breakfast!! (Oh, and saying bye to Kyle...oh well, two years will go by fast enough!)

Stephanie said...

A few comments.
1) Luggage tetris! I love it..
2) Only a few could be so talented, and you sound especially gifted! :-)
3) YOU KNOW HOW TO MAKE KOLACHES!?!? I'm a little sad/mad that you didn't tell me you knew the incredible secret! gimme gimme gimme! Me and rob bought about 2 dozen to take on the road with us from Houston to California...only about 4 made it to the fridge. :-)

Stephanie said...

Ok, a couple more.

4) Love the bangs!
5) Good luck to Kyle!