Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I did it! I FINALLY did it!

Decorate our (new) apartment! It's been six months since we moved in, but I finally got the fire lit under me to actually put things on the wall, besides two clocks and curtains. Here are the pictures. Keep in mind, it's a work in progress. I'm already planning to move the crocheted Jones sign (see next post for the accompanying decor).

Above the TV. Don't worry, I plan on changing the pictures of me on either side to be different pictures once I get a copy of them from Tim's family. By the way, my favorite part of this section is the gold....thing below the Manti Temple. It is a white shelf with the (white) hands Tim and I made. In order for them to stand out more, I stuck a shirt I was going to give to DI on top right before I took the photo. I didn't mind tucking in the tie on the left side or the hanger helper on the right side. It looks better now, though. No worries.

This is above the couch on the wall opposite the one above. The door is to the right of the light switch.

This is the corner to the left of the TV. The Blake Chair is barely cut out of the picture on the left. And you can see our lovely curtains. I need help with what to put on the shelves. Do I move what's on top of the bookshelf below or add more on top? Only time will tell.

I especially like the combination of the traditional frames with the modern clock. This is in the kitchen. This project was my favorite to hang. It was also my *duh* project. Here's why: I received this scroll-work frame set from a former co-worker in Texas, which I've had (and used) for years! When I looked at it again, I noticed that there was a sticker on a section of the backing. It said that there was an adhesive paper applied to the acrylic to prevent scratching. *duh* I've never read the sticker before! Or, if I did, never really read it all the way through to understand what it means. I've been using this blasted things for the last 4+ years without a "glass" cover! With my brilliance discovered, I started out with making it fun and 3-D. I took 4 pieces of coordinating scrapbooking paper, cut them to fit the inside, removed the adhesive from the acrylic, and hot glued flowers to the front. I think the flowers really make it pop. Literally. As you can see, there are quite a few knicks in the wood, which give it character and i LOVE!


I don't know what the problem is, but the pictures look really blurry this small. Maybe it's my eyes.

3 comments:

Breanne said...

Cute!

Thanks for inviting me today. Tucker and I had lots of fun.

The Governor's mansion looked beautiful. Sorry we missed that.

Baird Family said...

Way way cute apartment. I just put stuff on my walls too. I'll have to post soon. Love the flower frames- such a wonderful idea and it turned out really well. Love all the frame arrangements too- did you measure everything or are there multiple holes behind the pictures like at my house?

Sarah said...

Loved the 3-d picture frame! So fun!