Wednesday, June 24, 2009

More Summer Crafts

I recently posted about what to do with old t-shirts. Well, while blog hopping today, I found a few more cool ideas, two I've already done. (I know most of them are baby-related, but I've been working on stuff for my sister's baby shower.)

Transforming regular jeans into maternity jeans

Another baby item is a hat made from sleeves


If you like re-usable bags and want to make your own AND use old t-shirts, this is the project for you! Fastest Recycled T-shirt Tote Bag.


It's incredible easy, too! There's nothing worse than being told something is easy and then it's more complicated than expected. You can hardly consider it sewing. You sew one line twice and cut three times. Mine is, of course, Texas! It looks like a tank top, but it's a bag. I promise. this is going to be great for library books!


The last t-shirt project is also another one I made. I think it's so fun and easy. It's making a newborn gown.


The tutorial uses long sleeves, but my sleeves weren't long enough, so they are short sleeved but still look kinda long. My graphic was also too wide and too close to the neckline for the gown, so it cuts off some of the letters. It should say "I get cranky without my Blue Bell."


On another baby note, if my sister was having a girl, I would totally make one of these ruffle butt onesies for her!



2 comments:

Baird Family said...

Love the Blue Bell nightgown! If you really want to make a ruffle butt onesie- it would look way cute on Telena and it would be nice and cool for the summer! (She wears a size 18 months right now by the way ;)

Michelle Stott said...

Those are some fun ideas. It looks like you are enjoying your summer. I am going to start enjoying mine. I have been at uen classes this week.