Here's another story for today. It actually doesn't come from today. Today's classes were a bunch of turkeys that I wanted to shoot, stuff and freeze for Thanksgiving in 10 months! It actually comes from last Thursday. I just love it.
*Names have been changed to protect the innocent, not the crazy.*
As I was walking up and down the aisle in one of the eighth grade classes, I overheard one boy calling another boy a different name than what he goes by. I stopped pacing and asked what *Mike was calling *Frank and why. [I don't remember the name Mike was calling Frank, but it wasn't the name that I know Frank by or what was listed on Frank's paper.] I told Mike not to call Frank by that name because what he goes by is Frank because it's written on his paper.
Mike responds, "Well, what if I put 'Salad' on my paper, will you call me 'Salad'?"
"Yes."
"Sweet!!" Mike then proceeds to scratch out his name and write "Salad" above it.
I'll have him in class tomorrow and I'm anxious to see his reaction when I call him Salad. Honestly, the things teachers do for entertainment!
Monday, February 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment